AGREEMENT on cooperation during observation of elections of the President of the Russian Federation
3-03-2012, 14:29 /
We, a group of independent international observers, united on the basis of the Memorandum of Independent and Impartial Monitoring of the Elections of the President of the Russian Federation, which was signed in Moscow on March 2, 2011, on the one hand,
and representatives of the civil society institutions - non-governmental organizations, public associations and their unions which were monitoring political developments in Russia, united on the basis of the Declaration of Participants of the Public Monitoring of the Elections of deputies of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, which was signed in Moscow on September 13, 2011, on the other hand,
- basing on the general understanding of objectives of an independent election monitoring,
- relying on general principles of election observation,
- recognizing that openness and transparency of the electoral process will help to prevent violations of law, improve voters’ confidence in the electoral process,
have agreed about the following:
1. To carry out a mutual exchange of information on the monitoring of the presidential elections;
2. To inform the world public about the process and results of monitoring of the elections, to operate openly and publicly;
3. To establish the Joint Council of Observers in order to coordinate activities of the group of independent international observers and civil society institutions of the Russian Federation, which monitor the political background of the presidential elections;
4. To include in the Joint Council of Observers the following representatives:
- of the group of independent international observers: George Kline Preston, Executive Director of the Institute of Progress through the Law (USA), Pedro Mouriño, CEO of Mediaciete Publicaciones S.A. (Spain), Peter Westenthaler, Member of Parliament (Austria), Alessandro Musolino, Honorary President of the Youth Organization of “Forza Italia” (Italia), Bela Kovacs, Member of European Parliament (Hungary);
- of the civil society institutions: Igor Borisov, Chairman of the Council of the Russian Public Institute of Electoral Law; George Fedorov, the Executive Director of the Association for Protection of Electoral Rights of Citizens «The Civil Control»;
5. To confer power on the Joint Council of Observers to collect and compile information about results of observation, coordinate formulation of conclusions and statements, as well as unceasing informing on activities of the group of independent international observers and civil society institutions of the Russian Federation and on the results of observation of the presidential elections.
Уважаемый посетитель, Вы зашли на сайт как незарегистрированный пользователь. Мы рекомендуем Вам зарегистрироваться либо зайти на сайт под своим именем.